GM Seed Key

Seed Key Algorithms are needed to unlock the controllers for Reading and Writing.
EFI_GEEK

GM Seed Key

Post by EFI_GEEK » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:36 pm

As promised, this application should unlock any ecu besides the 5 byte. https://github.com/SCResearch/GM-Seed-key-Tester

ENJOY!

Gen4_tech

Re: GM Seed Key

Post by Gen4_tech » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:39 pm

First of all, THANKS!!!!!!

I need to apologize if these questions are too simple..
I've been working on this a little bit using visual studio 19, got it to run but have an error that I can't fix with googling, lol..

"one or more projects in the solution were not loaded correctly, please see output window"

output window says it could not find \GM-Seed-key-Tester-master\GM-Seed-key-Tester-master\GM_S_K\GM_S_K_5B\GM_S_K_5B.vcxproj..

Is this something I am doing wrong, did you remove part of the program?, perhaps the 5 byte routines?? Not concerned about those, but wondering if you did remove part of it if that's why it's failing..

It does build and run, but I can't seem to get good keys? and the sweep fails with just 'ffff's for every algo, and if I try and manually select an algo then it does show some keys, but most of them are the same, and I cannot seem to get a good key for a seed I know the key for.. Also trying the try seed and key to find algo finds nothing..

I do not really need this, I just find it very interesting and like to see how things work, hopefully this is just something simple on my end.. Thanks again for contributing!!!

Gen4_tech

Re: GM Seed Key

Post by Gen4_tech » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:29 pm

Hey, I got it running.. Just had to fix a few things in the code.. Seems to work ok now, at least for E38 ECU's.. kinda neat..

Didn't know what the regression command did, kinda neat there's 2 different ways of getting that key..